- Preparation of corrosion assessments and material selection reports for oil and gas assets (conceptual and detailed design)
- Identification and ranking of various corrosion and cracking mechanisms for pipelines, flowlines, risers for a given environment
- Ensuring equipment compliance with ISO 15156/NACE MR 0175 sour service requirements
- Review and approval of procedures and technical specifications for materials, welding, coatings (MPS, WPS, APS)
- Contribute to preparation of technical proposals
- Management and development of relationship with clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in materials, corrosion, welding or another relevant engineering discipline (essential)
- Master’s degree in relevant engineering discipline (desirable).
- Experience of applicable international normative – NACE, ISO, ASTM, DNV, etc.
- Good understanding and knowledge of metallurgical processes for qualification and production of metallic equipment such as linepipe, forging, fittings in accordance with API 6A, API5L, DNV-OS-F101, ISO 3183, DNVGL-RP-0034
- Good understanding of welding engineering processes and familiarity with key codes (ASME IX, EEMUA 158, DNV OS F101 etc.)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good understanding and adherence to quality and environmental procedures (including ISO 9001/ISO 14001)
- Positive attitude towards continuous improvement and problem-solving skills
- IWE/EWE qualification for welding engineering (desirable)
- Coating qualifications to NACE, ICORR, FROSIO or equivalent (desirable)
At least two years of oil and gas related experience working as a materials/corrosion engineer.
Job title/Work schedule
Corrosion and Materials Engineer (full time – staff position).
Chiswick – London (estimated travel time requirement within UK or abroad to not exceed 15% of work-time).
What we offer
- Competitive compensation
- Balanced and positive working environment
- Development opportunities
- Involvement in challenging projects.
Cathodic protection monitoring of
The permanent reference electrode Cu/CuSO4 with two coupons CuRE 2.0 is a new generation device for cathodic protection monitoring of underground metallic structures, in accordance with UNI EN ISO 15589-1.
The electrode potential is given by a copper element in contact with an electrolyte made of saturated copper sulphate gel. The two coupons, once connected to the cathodically protected structure, allow to measure the absorbed current and verify AC/DC interference, if any. The electrode is an innovative product covered by an Italian patent.
Contact us for a quote
using the box below
Materials and Corrosion Engineer - Milan Offices
Drafting of specialized studies of corrosion analysis and materials selection for oil & gas plants and pipelines on land and at sea in the framework of national and international projects in a dynamic and stimulating environment.
- Excellent knowledge and fluency of the English language
- Office Suite
Via Maniago 12
20134 MILANO (Italy)
Tel +39 02 26412538
Fax +39 02 26412546